Go to https://unicheck.com/login, click K-12 & Higher Ed and log in to your Unicheck Admin account.
Depending on whether your institution uses Unicheck as an LMS-integrated solution or a standalone solution, you may use relevant functionality of the Unicheck dashboard.
When logged in to Unicheck Admin account, you can do the following:
- Browse your institution’s library of submitted documents and similarity reports.
- Set up and manage Unicheck LMS integration(s).
- Configure access to personally identifiable information by instructors (i.e, students’ names / emails / matched paper content in similarity reports).
- Review license and billing information for your institution’s Unicheck account.
- Manage instructor accounts.
- Invite students to use Unicheck personal accounts.
- Review statistics for your Unicheck account.
- Review legal information.
Unicheck Reports generated for LMS submissions are automatically stored in the Library (your institution’s library of reports).
All files manually uploaded to the Unicheck account by administrator, instructors or students are also stored in the Library, except files submitted by students for Student Precheck (see below). The Library may also contain past submissions from imported archives.
All files uploaded to the Unicheck account by administrator, instructors or students are added to the Library, except files submitted by students for Student Precheck (see below). The Library may also contain past submissions from imported archives.
- Search documents by file ID, user ID, user name, or sort files and folders by date
- Open similarity reports and download original submissions
- Upload / create / delete files
- Share files and folders with instructors
- Check documents for similarity
To learn how to set up an integration, please find the Administrator’s Guide for your LMS here. Also, in Integration section you can manage API keys for a custom integration.
For each integration (except API) you can configure:
- Default similarity report settings: enable citations and references detection, set values for source exclusion filters.
- Permissions for instructors to adjust Unicheck assignment/report settings.
- Custom settings for specific LMS integrations.
- Profile Details
Review or change your profile name, password, and interface language.
- License Plan
Review license and billing information, find the contacts of your personal account manager.
- System Settings
These settings are rarely used by LMS administrators as they mostly affect similarity reports that are manually generated from the Unicheck dashboard.
The only setting that can affect LMS integrations is Show Custom Logo in Unicheck Reports, but the logos you upload in integration settings for each particular integration will be applied instead of the one uploaded in System Settings.
- Enable the "Student’s Precheck" feature for instructors’ accounts
If enabled, instructors can provide students with a limited number of attempts to check their documents for similarity prior to making a final submission. When logged in at https://unicheck.com/login/education, students will see a Draft folder inside each specific shared folder for a given assignment and the number of check attempts. They can add files to the Draft folder and run a similarity check on their own. Prechecked files and their similarity reports are not visible to instructors.
- Show Custom Logo in Unicheck Reports
Add a custom logo to be displayed in online and PDF reports.
- Exclude Sources
Adjust exclusion filters to automatically exclude similarity sources from reports based on set parameters (word count and similarity score). These filters only apply to similarity reports generated by administrator from the Unicheck dashboard.
Adjust your email notification preferences.
- Privacy Settings
Configure instructors' access to personally identifiable information (i.e, students’ names / emails / matched paper content in similarity reports). These settings apply to online reports and PDF reports generated in your LMS or in the Unicheck dashboard.
This functionality can be used to provide instructors with access to the Unicheck dashboard for them to manually upload documents or zip/rar archives. It can be useful for instructors who need to check files directly or do not use an LMS.
Here you can create and manage instructor accounts, i.e. provide instructors with access to the Unicheck dashboard. In turn, instructors can invite students into the system.
If your license type is Pay Per Page, you can set the quota for individual instructors to limit their usage.
Review statistics for your institution’s Unicheck account: number of documents checked, average similarity rate dynamics and distribution, share of original documents, and more.
A new and improved Analytics Module is currently in development and will be available in 2020.
You can provide students at your institution with personal Unicheck accounts. Each invited student will get 50 free pages to check their papers. When free pages run out, students can purchase additional pages for a small fee. Purchasing new pages is completely optional.
A list of students’ email addresses can be imported as an XML or CSV file.