Make the similarity scores more precise with Unicheck’s new feature — Template Exclusion — that allows instructors to save time reviewing similarity reports and avoid situations when their worksheet content provided to students is identified as similarity matches.
This functionality is available in Canvas LMS as well as all Unicheck LTI and API integrations.
- To use this feature, first you need to create your exclusion template — a document containing all the text that you would not want to be checked for similarity in student submissions, e.g., questions in a case study or test.
- Once you have your template, open a similarity report for any paper submitted to an assignment and click Templates.
Note: The template can only be applied to submissions within one specific assignment (up to 30 submissions per assignment).
- Click Upload Template and upload your exclusion template document.
You can select whether to apply the template to the current and future submissions or all (past and future) submissions within the assignment.
- To display the submission and the template side by side, click Compare.
- To cancel exclusion and check the text matching your template for similarity, click Restore Text. Then click Apply Changes.
- Once you have uploaded your template, all the text contained in it is “ignored” in student submissions (it is not checked for similarity and is excluded from the word count). Such text is marked with
strikethroughformatting in student submissions.