To create and test the integration, please follow the steps below.
Please refer to Administrator’s Guide for more details and descriptions of all the settings.
1. Create the Integration
STEP 1: Download Unicheck plugin.
- Go to Unicheck plugin page or search for Unicheck plugin on the Moodle plugins page.
- Click Download and save the ZIP file (Unicheck plugin) locally on your computer. Please note the path to the saved file.
STEP 2: Install Unicheck plugin.
- Ensure that Enable plagiarism plugins option is checked in Site administration → Advanced features. This will allow administrators to configure plagiarism plugins (if installed).
- Log in to Moodle LMS as administrator, go to Site Administration → Plugins, then click Install plugins.
- Click Choose a file, select the ZIP file saved on your computer, then click Install plugin from the ZIP file.
- Once you see the "Validation successful” message, click Next and then click Upgrade Moodle database now to finish the installation.
If you encounter any problems at this stage, please contact your Unicheck account manager.
- Once you see the Success message, click Continue.
STEP 3: Configure main integration settings.
Navigate to Unicheck plugin settings page via Site administration → Plugins → Plagiarism → Unicheck plagiarism plugin or by typing ‘Unicheck’ into the search box on the Site administration page and clicking the Unicheck plugin link that appears in the search results.
- Enable Unicheck Plagiarism Service
Enable Unicheck plugin in Moodle LMS.
- Unicheck API region
Select the appropriate region for your account (the two available options are United States and Europe).
After saving the settings it is recommended to click the Debugging tab and check if the settings are correct. If the Unicheck API region setting is invalid, please try selecting a different region.
Correct Region Selected
Incorrect Region Selected
- Client ID / API Secret
Go to corp.unicheck.com and log in using the details of your Unicheck Admin account, then navigate to Integration → API Integration.
Copy and paste API Key into Client ID field in Moodle.
Copy and paste API Secret into API Secret field in Moodle.
Click Save changes to save the settings.
STEP 4: Configure Moodle Cron script.
Unicheck plugin recommends Moodle Cron script configured to run every minute. Please refer to Moodle documentation or contact Moodle support to learn how to configure Moodle Cron.
STEP 5 (optional): Configure default assignment settings.
See Configuring Default Assignment Settings for more details.
2. Test the Integration
STEP 1: Create a test course and assignment in Moodle.
- Log in as Admin or Teacher and follow the standard Moodle procedure to create a new course/assignment.
- In Submission settings drop-down list, set Require students to click the submit button option to Yes.
- In Unicheck plagiarism plugin drop-down list, set Enable Unicheck Plagiarism Service, Show similarity scores to student and Show similarity reports to student options to Yes.
STEP 2: Create a test Student account and make a test submission.
- Follow the standard Moodle procedure to create a Student account.
- While logged in as Admin or Teacher, add the test Student account to the test course.
- Log in to the test Student account or use Log in as feature to make a test submission (do not use Switch role to feature).
STEP 3: Wait several minutes and check if the Report button and the similarity score are displayed — this indicates that integration was successful. Click Report to view the online Unicheck Report.
To see the Report button and the similarity score, please enter the submissions list view or submission grading view.
To perform full configuration of the integration, please refer to Administrator’s Guide.